What do I need to bring with me when applying for an apartment?
- You can apply online at www.on-site.com .
- Applicants must also provide a valid picture ID. This can be in the form of a driver’s license, U.S. Passport, Resident Alien Card, Foreign Passport with valid US visa or any other government issued ID.
- Each applicant must provide (2) two months of recent pay stubs. Those who have been employed with their current employer for less than (1) one year must provide information from their previous employer. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $45 (payable by money order or personal check).
- Credit check fees vary by community and region and are required for each adult over the age of (18) eighteen named on the lease agreement.
- A $100 holding deposit is required at selected communities only – please contact the leasing office for details. The deposit is refundable if an applicant is declined. Applicants who are approved will find the $100 deposit applied to the total deposit amount due for the unit (deposit amounts vary by unit type).
- Sign your lease online! E-Sign is an available function for use at our California communities. Please contact the leasing office for details!
How long is the lease period?
A typical lease period is one year; however your leasing professional can explain the terms involved with a month to month, or 6 – 9 month lease. Corporate units are also available for reduced terms.
When can I move in?
Residents can move-in as soon selected unit is available for occupancy and all required documentation is provided, a credit check has been performed, a lease is signed and a security deposit is on hand. Rent will be pro-rated on the second month. Move in after the 15th of the month will require full month plus pro-rated amount for the month of move in.
Are pets allowed?
Rules regarding pets vary at each community. View a list of our CA pet friendly apartments.
Do I need Renter's Insurance?
Renter’s insurance is required at selected communities. Although Garden Communities strongly recommends that ALL residents at our communities purchase renters insurance, it is the individual resident’s choice. Garden Communities insurance will protect the building itself, but not the tenants’ personal belongings or automobiles.
Is rental furniture available?
Select communities do have rental furniture available for resident use through Cort Furniture Rental or Fashion Furniture Rental. For more information, please visit the leasing office.
How can I check what appliances are included with my rental?
Garden Communities strives to provide our residents with a wide variety of luxuries. In keeping with that, we encourage applicants and residents to visit www.GardenCommunitiesca.com for a detailed list of appliances available at each of our communities.
Do any Garden Communities have garage or covered parking?
Yes! For a list of communities that have garages, covered parking and other parking options available, please visit www.GardenCommunitiesca.com.
Are any Corporate Housing options offered?
Garden Communities is always interested in working with local businesses to help meet housing needs. Please contact a specific community for more information on corporate housing.
How can I find out about any specials or discounts offered?
As one of the largest and most competitive housing providers in the Southwest, Garden Communities always has an array of options available. Information can be found on our website at www.GardenCommunitiesca.com. The “Featured Properties” section highlights great housing options at ideal pricing. Specials and discounts can also be found on a community’s individual page.
Are apartment floor plans available?
Floor plans are available for Garden Communities at our website, www.GardenCommunitiesca.com. We are constantly upgrading and improving our floor plan database.
Can apartments be viewed prior to filling out an application?
Yes! Applicants are encouraged to view the apartment (if available) that they are interested in prior to preparing the application. You may also join us for a virtual tour of our model units – please visit the individual community site for more information.
How can I learn more about the area surrounding my community?
Each community’s home page offers a “Neighborhood” link, allowing users to learn more about the surrounding community. Whether you are looking for schools, shopping, restaurants, or virtually anything else, check out the “Neighborhood” page.
How do I get directions to Garden Communities properties?
Those interested in receiving directions to any of Garden Communities properties are encouraged to visit www.GardenCommunitiesca.com. Here, guests can obtain access to each property’s phone number, address and printable directions.
How can I pay my rent online?
The “Pay Rent Online” is currently available in select Garden Communities. This feature will soon be available at many communities, along with a host of other exciting online options. Once activated, this feature will allow renters to pay their rent and have access to important community documents by simply clicking the “Resident Portal” link at the top of www.GardenCommunitiesca.com.
How are service requests handled at Garden Communities?
Currently all requests can be submitted by visiting www.summitpatrol.com – report a maintenance request, or by calling toll free at 1-888-294-1200. You may also visit the ‘Resident Portal’ to follow the link for service requests.
What if I am interested in purchasing an apartment or home?
While the majority of our apartments are rentals only, we do offer a selected number of condominiums for sale. For more information on properties for sale, visit our website.