Featured Apartment Communities for Encino Neighborhood Apartment Rentals
Spanish for “evergreen” or “holm oak,” Encino is a hilly neighborhood in Los Angeles in the southern San Fernando Valley and on the northern slope of the Santa Monica Mountains. Encino stretches from the 405 Freeway in the east to Tarzana in the west and was established in 1845 as Rancho Encino.
Public schools in Encino are operated by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and include four elementary schools, three middle schools, and two high schools – Birmingham Community Charter High School and Reseda High School. Phillips Graduate Institute and a satellite campus of Pepperdine University are in Encino, and the Encino-Tarzana branch of the Los Angeles Public Library serves Encino on Ventura Boulevard.
Major roadways in Encino include Ventura, Magnolia and Burbank Boulevards, White Oak Avenue, Balboa Boulevard, Haskell Avenue and Hayvenhurst Avenue. The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Metrolink operate bus lines, subway and light rail lines throughout the area.
- The Encino Velodrome, an outdoor oval bicycle racing.
- Los Encinos State Historic Park, operated by California State Parks and home to historic buildings, a museum and picnic grounds.
- The Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area, known for its golf courses (Balboa and Encino Municipal Golf Courses), tennis courts, soccer and baseball fields, cricket pitches, bike paths, and lake surrounded by thousands of pink cloud cherry trees.
- Sepulveda Garden Center, a 16-acre community garden.
- The largest annual Earth Day festival in Los Angeles at Woodley Park.
The Encino Chamber of Commerce serves more than 400 members of the local business community in Encino, with legislative advocacy, marketing and networking programs, and growth initiatives. Major employers in the area include Providence Tarzana Medical Center and Van Nuys Airport.
Encino Neighborhood Apartment Rentals Listing | All CA Apartments